PDA

View Full Version : Nissan Head Unit Security Code.

Lil Flipp
21st April 2010, 07:44 PM
My mates Nissan Head unit has ERR ERR ERR flashing. Which button do you have to hold down as you enter the code? Or do you just type it in and it works? We tried 1111 which apparantly is ment to make it work for 3 minutes but that didn't work. The last 4 digits of vin is 95XX so how do we enter the 9 to try it.

I don't think its the original nissan head unit that came with that car maybe a later model one as we checked the vin with nissan and nothing came up. Worse comes to worse we'll take out the head unit, get the code of it and ask nissan.

Cheers for any help :)

Fortnite
21st April 2010, 08:37 PM
Sounds like you guys have locked the unit by entering too many codes, did the error only come up after a few attempts? If yes, its locked and your next bet would be the serial number if nissan can give you a code from that, or get it recoded. Maybe time for a new deck?

ryansss
21st April 2010, 11:49 PM
imo better off getting a new deck they arent that pricey these days, plus im guessing if nissan is like holden they will charge for that kinda stuff

BMSSS
22nd April 2010, 05:36 PM
Jus buy a second hand deck or exdemo deck and put it in. It'll be like $50. He'll I bougt my cadence DVD unit for $80 brand new in end end of financial year sales

silverfox
22nd April 2010, 06:57 PM
you guys won't really miss out on that original head unit as it would have been old and unable to play mp3 ,wmi recorded cd's anywhere.

Lil Flipp
22nd April 2010, 07:38 PM
It ok we figured it out. Had to leave the Accessories on for 1 hour and now it says CODE again. Got the Cd serial number and got the code off nissan. :) Its my mates car/his mums so no point buying a new deck because she doesnt care. He just uses it for the time being. Was a n15. Anywhere thanks guys!