Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cheap Insurance company in WA???

Thanks

Cheap Insurance company in WA???

Does anyone know of a cheap insurance company in WA that'll cover for fire and theft rather than comprehensive for turbo vehicles over 10,000 dollars?

any help appreciated...as all the usual guns, sgio, rac etc you have to fork out the big bucks to get full cover at that price point or higher.

Thanks
    My Soarer is insured with SGIO, maybe try them?
    Regards
    Dan Rucci

Thanks
    SGIO sucks poo

They quoted me $3500 for a years worth of insurance. Im 20 and havent made a claim since I got my licence (used to have a Suzuki GTi)

The same type of cover with RAC was only $1600. Plus the woman on the phone was a lot more friendly.

Dont even bother with FAI or other smaller companies if your car has a "sports exhaust" or any other fruit. They are so conservative they wont even look at insuring your prized machine.

If your buying insurance, be honest to how many points you have on your licence and the exact details of mods made on your car. Insurance companies are complete turds, they have the right to not pay up if they find out something you didnt tell them, even if you wrapped your car around a tree and ended up in hospital for 3 weeks. Unsympathetic bastards.

Having an alarm can also reduce your premiums.
    I feel like I have Aids, in my eyes..

Thanks
    My car (95 SSS) with turbo engine is insured for $21k with RAC, it costs me $590 a year to insure.. fully.

I also told them of 1 drink driving offence and 3 speeding offences which increased my excess only. (to about $1500) in the case of an accident.

James
    www.pulsssar.com
    History, specs, and build log

Thanks
    do just Just cars cover WA, i think they would try them. www.justcarinsurance.com.au

Thanks
    actually dont worry just saw there website.

only up to $4000.

Thanks
    sgio dude,

u wont get cheap insurance you are only 20... so you cant have a very big NCB, and your in the very bad age range

d.

Thanks
    Originally posted by xlnsss
    do just Just cars cover WA, i think they would try them. www.justcarinsurance.com.au
    Just Cars don't do WA.
    Nathan
    Quote Originally Posted by MrOrange
    Quote Originally Posted by Damarus
    Omgz that club makes me want to sell teh pulsar and buyz a kewl burnout commonwhore ftw ^_^

Thanks
    I would recommend contacting an insurance broker and getting them to try and get a quote. I know that they are more likely to get a better price from SGIO than you are but then again I don't hold much hope for you getting insurance for TPFT (Third party fire & theft) over $10,000
    That quote from RAC sounds high I take it you don't have any more than about 30% NCB.
    P.S. while some insurers can be bastards, they aren't all bastards but I guarantee they will be if you don't tell them the truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth. They decline claims where you don't because it's their legal right to do so if you don't tell them everything as you are doing the wrong thing by them. Can't blame them really.
    Nathan
    Omgz that club makes me want to sell teh pulsar and buyz a kewl burnout commonwhore ftw ^_^

Thanks
    appreciate the replies fellas...
    tried all the big companies...

and i'm on a covernote right now with RAC until I 'decide' whether I want to pay the amount or find someone cheaper...

Pulsssar- how the heck did you get it down to that price??? i tried to tell them everything...alarm blah blah, no accidents etc... and mine is still at 1700 dollars...just too much for my liking for 14k[and i considered saying 18k too].

My problem is, I lost my no claim when my last car was broken into-12 months ago- in a monitored carpark...I have a feeling that raised my dollaramount about 500 bucks

Thanks
    rolla- sgio gave me an average quote AND they wanted me to come in to determine car value...
    even though i specified a real low price too...cheap bastards

Thanks
    i thought rac was orright, my cars insured for 8000, they gave me a 20% no claim, i'm only 18 and for a year is jus ova 1400 (although i pay just ova 1500, coz i pay by the month) but i thought was pretty good, for full comp.
    240hp@13 psi
    13.3 @ 108mph (old motor 170hp)
    WA's SR20VE conversion person

Thanks
    Originally posted by GT4me2
    My problem is, I lost my no claim when my last car was broken into-12 months ago- in a monitored carpark...I have a feeling that raised my dollaramount about 500 bucks
    Sounds like you have not been allowed any NCB. What were you on prior to the burglary?? what shows on the old insurance renewal etc. I've got a 2000 N15s2 insured with RAC for 650 but that's with a max bonus and very high excess for me due to driving history.
    Nathan

Thanks
    unsure...
    i was with gio, very little paperwork from them...

they sorted out the claim nice and quick though...so i can't knock em...

mmm...i still don't know why my insurance is that high

there's gotta be a cheaper way

Thanks
    time to call gio to see what my NCB was...arrr..

Thread Information